I’m a New Yorker, and I run. I get bored doing laps around the park or running up and down the Hudson River path. Instead, I use my long-distance runs to explore the neighborhoods in my city, especially in the outer boroughs. I’ve decided to take a cheap digital camera with me on some of my runs to document the city and its changes as seen when crossing on foot.


Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunday morning, downtown

Little Italy, Soho, the Village, Chelsea, even the new High Line Park... all impossible places to run. Unless you get out by 7 a.m. on a Sunday and beat the milling sidewalk crowds.

My GPS didn't work, so you'll have to take my word for it that it was 12.25 miles.

Door to the churchyard at Old St. Patrick's
From iphone

Cooper Union, where Lincoln addressed New York
From iphone

Grace Church and School
From iphone

On the High Line, the park on the old elevated rail
From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

To the naked eye, this window looks green. My iPhone sees purple. Odd.
From iphone


From iphone

Chaise on rails
From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

From iphone

The end of the Line
From iphone

Soho... this early, you can almost imagine 1979
From iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment